Tuesday 26 April 2011

Title and Text Evaluation

When designing my music magazine, i needed to think about my targeted audience, and which fonts would suit the genre of the magazine. I researched magazines with a younger target audience, and i also thought about the typical font that may be used to represent 'Pop'. I found a font which was very rounded, this was typically found when researching 'Pop' fonts. I decided that i would use this particular font for my main title of the magazine. However when it came to the other text on the front cover i then looked at similar genre magazines, and they had used a variety of different fonts for the text. This gave a good effect and decided i would use this idea to. On my D.P.S and contents page, i stuck to the same house-style as the front cover, and for main titles i would use the rounded bubble font, and for smaller texts use different fonts. On my D.P.S with in my interview i stuck to the same text the whole way through, this was to avoid confusion. However i included quotes taken from the interview and placed them with in the chunk of text in a much bigger, and different font to allow the quotes to be noticed and stand out. I have seen this technique used before in other professional magazines, and feel it works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment